Join the Veterinary Urgent Care Center Team!
VUCC is expanding rapidly and we are always looking for new talent to enter our growing business! We are currently hiring for our expansion into Saugus, Dedham, Braintree and East Providence, RI, with locations opening early 2023.
We will be hiring for qualified veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and receptionists. Some positions also available in Plymouth, Quincy and Easton!
Flexible, parent friendly, part-time, full-time and per diem opportunities available.
If you feel like you are a fit to join our growing team, please fill out the form below!
Full and part-time positions are available. Full time Veterinarians work 28-hour weeks (four, 7-hour shifts). Join the team and be a part of the growing field of veterinary urgent care medicine!
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up to date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which the applicant is applying
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can upload great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Must be proficient in surgery
Working for VUCC:
- Full-time veterinarians earn $140,000-$200,000+ per year, pending clinical volume
- Full-time veterinarians work 28-hour weeks
- Part-time and per-diem shifts available
- No contract required
- VUCC offers a pathway to clincial development in ultrasound and echocardiogram disciplines
Full and part-time positions are available. Full-time Veterinary Technicians work 40-hour weeks.
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education per hospital policy.
- Perform initial evaluation of the pet’s condition and advise the doctor regarding the nature of visit, preventative care due and client concerns.
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the veterinarian, i.e. urine, fecal and ear cytology.
- Notifying the doctor of the lab results in a timely fashion.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
- Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with owners per hospital policy.
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet’s record and appropriately charged to the client.
- Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by the doctor.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, required.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts.
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required.
Veterinary Technician Assistant
Full and part-time positions are available!
- Assist veterinarians and veterinary technicians with appointments, preparing patients for surgery and minor procedures, and pro-actively set up any equipement and/or tools to be used for patient care
- Collect and prepare laboratory samples, such as fecal, urine, blood and ear cytology
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures
- Assist in obtaining vital signs on patients
- Maintain cleanliness of hospital, including kennels, treatment areas, exam rooms and surgery suites
- Communicate with clients per hospital policy in a compassionate and professional way
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Flexible schedule, including some weekend and holiday shifts
- Knowledge of medical procedures and animal handling
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Full and part-time positions are available. Full time Veterinarian Receptionists work 40-hour weeks. Flexible start dates and positions can be made available in our current Massachusetts locations (Quincy, Easton, Plymouth, pending new location open dates. Join the team and be a part of the growing field of veterinary urgent care medicine!
- Serve as the first interaction that all clients will have when arriving at hospital
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, i.e. referral documentation,
- previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense
- prescription items per the veterinarian’s instructions, and schedule all future appointments.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients
- and teammates.
- Manage the financial needs of the hospital by maintaining accurate balances through collection of
- client transactions, following all cash and credit card handling procedures, and following proper opening and closing procedures.
- Highly motivated individuals without prior experience in the veterinary field are welcome and encouraged to apply
- Excellent customer service skills and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good judgment and ability to manage stressful situations.
- Maintain a professional attitude in all interactions with clients, pets and other teammates.
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures a plus but can be taught on the job
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given
- Utilize standard office/business equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
VUCC boasts a robust benefits package in partnership with Southern Veterinary Partners, a veterinary owned and operated network of animal hospitals throughout the country.
Full-time benefits include:
- Competitive salary commensurate on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, among other benefits.
- Vet Tech Vision Program – 100% of educational costs covered for qualified teammates
- Non-operational days annually: New years day, Memorial day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Day
Mission | Vision | Values
Veterinary Urgent Care Center’s mission is to change veterinary medicine for the better, both for our patients and pet owners, and for the talented women and men who make this profession their life’s work.
We firmly believe that changes need to happen in the veterinary field to keep and attract the best talent into our industry. We respect you, the person, over anything else, and have created a culture that supports our teammates through the good and bad days we all experience in veterinary medicine.
We deliver on our mission and build towards our vision with a set of values that we strive to live by every day. These values are core to how we work, act, and interact with each other.
Authenticity matters… What you see is what you get with us! We treat others the way they want to be treated and understand that not every day is going to be someone’s best. We support, listen, extend a hand and keep it real with our teammates.
Respect is earned and expected… We may not always agree, but we do so with a deep respect for one another. Respect is expected from everyone within our practice. We have a zero tolerance policy for bullying, name calling, negative treatment of others, or anything that doesn’t fit into the criteria of our core values.
Compassion goes a long way… Everybody’s situation is different and we show people grace for whatever is happening in their lives. If you are going through situations in your life, our team will work with you, without judgment, to grant you the space or support to get through life’s challenges.
Balance is more important than ever… We know that there is more to life than just work. We understand the challenges that come from veterinary medicine, and we have developed a model that gives you the support and time off you need to prevent burnout.
You have a voice here… We welcome your thoughts and ideas and are always willing to listen and learn. Communication is key in all of our interactions, so speak up!
VUCC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Apply to Join Our Team!
It's Easy to Book an Appointment Online
Click the button below to be redirected to our easy-to-use online scheduling system. Schedule your furry family member’s appointment in just a few clicks!
Visit Any of Our Convenient Locations
25 Washington Street (a.k.a. 3 Roche Bros. Way), North Easton, MA 02356
508-817-5088 | email@example.com