Went in because I thought my dog had one hot spot and my vet was closed. Turned out his whole body was red. They gave him some medication and he…read more →
A few reminders from your friendly neighborhood veterinary team:
- Don’t leave your pets outdoors – please bring all dogs and cats inside. They cannot tolerate weather this cold
- We don’t recommend you take your pets in the car either – everyone knows not to leave your pet in a hot car in the summer. The same is true in the winter, it can get extremely cold in closed cars very quickly.
- Bundle up! Small dogs, short haired dogs and especially puppies need extra warmth
- Consider some footwear – ice melt, rock salt, and ice can wreak havoc on your pets feet!
- Antifreeze – dogs and cats will lick this off of the ground. It tastes sweet and causes life threatening acute kidney failure in both dogs and cats. Cats have a particularly low tolerance. Clean up spills and keep your pets AWAY!
*If you think your pet may have been exposed to antifreeze please seek veterinary care immediately* Our clinic is open 7 days a week and we accept walk ins.
Here are some more tips from our friends at the AVMA:
Think someone you know could use a pet safety reminder? Please SHARE!